The Japan-Belgium Society (hereinafter referred to as “the Society”) will handle personal information collected through this website (hereinafter referred to simply as “personal information”) as follows, in accordance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other relevant protection legislation.
1.Purposes of use of personal information
The Society will use personal information for the following purposes:
- to promote friendly relations between and among the people of Japan, Belgium and EU countries thorough personal contacts and cultural exchanges
- to help contribute to the increase of trade and business between and among Japan, Belgium and EU countries
- to manage the organization and administration of the Society
- to execute the proper management, operation and improvement of this website.
2. Use of personal information
The Society will not use personal information beyond the scope necessary to achieve the purposes of use set out in the preceding article without the prior consent of the individual concerned, except when permitted by law.
3. Acquisition of personal information
The Society will not acquire personal information by deception or other unlawful means, and will not obtain personal information which may require attention without the prior consent of the individual, except when permitted by law.
4. Storing of personal information
Personal information is safely stored on servers in Japan. The Society strives to ensure and improve security to prevent unauthorized access, leakage, loss or alteration of personal information.
5. Disclosure of personal information to third parties
The Society will not disclose personal information to third parties without the prior consent of the individual concerned, except when permitted by law.
6. Third party websites